Monday, May 2, 2011

Getting ready to move camp!

Here is my first attempt at blogging!  I hope to keep any freinds and/or family who may have an interest, posted on our family's transition into Army life...and beyond.  So if YOU have an interest, check here for updates and happenings.  I am going to do my best to blog as regularly as possible.
With 4 weeks to go here in Temecula, I am busy sorting, purging, selling, and organizing in preparation for our move to much smaller quarters.  The movers are scheduled to arrive on May 31st to pack and move our belongings to Lacey, WA.  Scott has already been in WA for 3 weeks now and is enjoying himself... although I am sure he is devastated to be on his own for awhile (wink wink).  Aside from reporting to his first duty station (Fort Lewis) he is busy going for bike rides, exploring the area, and getting the house ready for us to arrive.  We have rented a cute little house in Lacey that we anticipate being very happy in.  Scott will be back May 28th so help us move.  The kids and I will fly to my mother's house in Portland on the 31st.  As soon as Scott gets the movers squared away, he plans to drive up in the Mitsubishi filled with all our pets.
I am keeping pretty busy and time is flying by with so much to get done.  I do have an occasional moment of panic that I only have a small amount of time left here in Temecula.  We have loved living in Temecula.  We have so may loved ones here!!!  We will be very sad to leave.  Of course, in the big picture we are very fortunate and we are excited for Scott's new opportunity with the Army ... wherever that may take us.  I can certainly think of worse places to move my family than the Pacific Northwest.  So I am not complaining about having to go, but I am rather sad to have to leave.

6 comments:

  1. Blogging is a great idea Ianthe! We are going to miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah on the blog!!! Excited to be able to hear and keep in touch with your sweet family happenings! You all will be greatly missed! Excited for your new adventure though!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ianthe! Great that you are keeping a blog. It's a good way to still stay connected. I keep one up as well (it's in my profile if you want to follow). I will surely miss you and please keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the updates Ianthe! Keep us posted. I didn't know your Mom moved to Portland? Well it sounds like this move will put you closer to her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A blog is a great idea! How fun! Looks like you are keeping plenty busy - we all miss you at class. Take care and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With your experience, this move should be a piece cake for two.

    ReplyDelete