Saturday, May 7, 2011

Drowning in Junk!

I feel like I am drowning in junk here! How do we accumulate all these unecessary items!?!  I have been sorting, organizing, and making piles for a garage sale next weekend.  And boy howdy, do I ever have piles!  The work is slow going though, I have the next week cut out for me.  I also have 20 or so large items for sale on craigslist.  The plan is to not have to unpack, and find a place for, anything extraneous once we get to WA. 
Those who have know us for a while, know that we have moved quite a few times.  Each time we move I get rid of tons of stuff...and each time I unpack in a new house I feel like I saved too much.  I can't imagine living in the same house for years and years, never beeing forced to weed things out......I am starting to understand how hoarding gets started! Seriously!
Shout out this week goes to Val Ives - the local realtor sponsoring next Saturday's neighborhood garage sale....she provides advertising, signage, doughnut and coffee! Yippie!

1 comment:

  1. Hang in there lady! You got it under control..and much luck on your garage sale! Awesome deal about the Neighborhood Garage Sale.. could not have come at a better time! Hope you get rid of most of your "junk" and that your piles go down in size soon. Enjoy those doughnuts and coffee!

    ReplyDelete